The Big Five B: Burgundy, Bordeaux, Barbaresco, Barolo, and Brunello
December 12 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm$65.00
Twin Cities Wine Education presents a new class of top level wines from the best regions of Europe
THE BIG FIVE B: BURGUNDY, BORDEAUX, BARBARESCO, BAROLO, and BRUNELLO
They are considered the top five regions of French and Italian wine, and ironically they all start with B. They are also part of a small handful of regions that continue to produce wines that improve with age. Lastly, they produce some of the most expensive and sought after wines in the world.
In this new class I’ll present short but comprehensive overviews of all five regions, while we enjoy a choice wine from each. Emphasis will be on:
- The history of the region and how it impacted the wines that are produced
- The grape varieties used in production (and the reason why)
- Current trends in the region
- How to shop for wine from that region: hints, tips, current vintages, and how to procure older bottles
- What to expect with a properly stored and aged wine from that region
- And much more!
We’ll be tasting one EXCELLENT example of wine from each region, giving you a crystal clear idea of what that region is all about. This will be a phenomenal line up.
Limited seating available for this special class. Hope to see you there!