- This event has passed.
The World of Orange Wine
October 15 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Twin Cities Wine Education is proud to present a special evening exploring an old winemaking method that has entered our modern era.
THE WORLD OF ORANGE WINE
Instructor: Jason Kallsen, certifed sommelier and founder of Twin Cities Wine Education.
“Orange Wine” is probably the oldest type of wine in the world, but only recently has had a modern resurgence as sommeliers and chefs discover the amazing variety and food pairing ability of these gems. These are distinctive beverages, with aspects that relate to white wine, and some that relate to red wine. They really are a category unto themselves, and in this class, you’ll learn all about them. We’ll start with the history of Orange Wine, from its birth in the old world of Georgia (the cradle of wine) to modern versions in California and beyond. Then we will move into the key countries, regions, producers, and grape varieties in the Orange Wine renasissance. Special emphasis will be put on the winemaking methods and the styles you can expect from the top producers.
We hope you can join us for this special evening of wine and learning.
Jason Kallsen is Minnesota’s most experienced wine educator, with over two decades of experience teaching the subjecct. A Certifed Sommelier with the Court of Master Sommeliers, plus a Certified Specialist of Wine with the Society of Wine Educators, Jason has taught over 30,000 students since starting in the wine business in the early 1990’s. He’s appeared in local, national, and international media including pairing wine with classical music on an interationally broadcasted edition of Performance Today. His style is well known to be accurate but unpretentious, detailed yet not overwhelming.
Terms and conditions:
– All tickets are transferrable. No refunds within 7 days for wine classes, and no refunds available for larger “Grand Tasting” events. Refunded tickets do not include a refund of Eventbrite ticketing fees, which are at the expense of the ticket purshaser.
– We aim to start all classees on time, please arrive a touch early.
– No meals are served at the classees unless specificed.
– For classes at North Loop Wine and Spirits, parking in generally available for free with permit from the store, but is not guaranteed. Certain nights, expecially with Twins baseball games occuring, may result in paying to park.
– All ticket purchasers and attendees must be over 21 years of age with legal identifcation.
– Twin Cities Wine Education reserves the right, at our own judgement, to refuse service to anyone for any reason during the class.